Eider duck safari to Bengtskär lighthouse
Venue: Departure from Kasnäs | City: Kasnäs
Eider duck safari - Spring tour to Bengtskär lighthouse - May 2021
Spring in the outer archipelago is a magical time.
The little lighthouse island becomes home for hundreds of nesting eider ducks. The human presence on the island keeps predators aways and makes safe habitate for nesting birds.
Our trip goes through the Hitis archipelago, along the most sheltered route towards the outer archipelago and Bengtskär lighthouse.
For lunch we serve Bengtskär's own fish soup made from local fish, archipelago rye bread, butter and water. Other beverages available from the café. Coffee and cinnamon bun included.
Departure 11 p.m. Kasnäs -> Bengtskär
Departure 3:30 p.m. Bengtskär -> Kasnäs
- Duration: day trip, approx. 5,5h
- Tour dates May 1st, 2nd, 7th, 8th, 9th, 13th, 14th,15th, 16th, 21st, 22nd, 23rd and 28th 2021.
- Price Fridays and Sundays 65€ /person, children 3-12 yrs 40€, children 0-2 yrs 5€. Saturdays 69€ /person, children 3-12 yrs 42€, children 0-2 yrs 5€.
- Services and guiding available in Finnish, Swedish, English
- Café and souvenir shop at the lighthouse. You can pay with cash, debit card, Visa Electron, Visa, Master and EuroCard.
- Departure harbours: Kasnäs (at the southern tip of Kimito island. Address for car navigator: Kasnäsintie 1296) and Rosala village harbour.
- Boats SISSEL and MINANDRA. Boats are equipped with toilets.
- Free public parking 300m before the harbour.
- Weather reservation: Severe weather prevents going to the lighthouse on average 3 days/month in May. Trip will be cancelled according to weather forecast and money fully refunded.
Making a reservation
Boats can be fully booked, so we warmly recommend making a reservation.
Booking in our webstore: https://wilsoncharter.johku.com/en_US/merimatkat/haahkaretki-bengtskarin-majakalla-toukokuussa-en
↳ Friday, Saturday & Sunday