Tips for cycling along Coastal Route:
- The available services are listed on coastalroute.fi.
- Get to know the main sights of Kimitoön at visitkimitoon.fi.
- You can cycle either clockwise or anticlockwise. Most of the route is paved. Only between Mathildedal and Strömma the road goes short time in a forest path.
- It’s easy to cycle from one accommodation to another. It is recommended to book your accommodation in advance during the high season (mid June to mid August), because the capacity is limited.
- Wilson Charter operates the routes Kasnäs-Rosala village-Bengtskär and Kasnäs-Örö on a daily basis. It is recommended to book your ticket in advance, also for your bicycle, during the high season.
- Marinelines operates the route Hanko-Bengtskär on a daily basis. It is recommended to book your ticket in advance, also for your bicycle, during the high season.
- A free ferry operates between Kasnäs-Långnäs. From Långnäs it is about 5 km to both Rosala and Hitis villages.
- A free ferry operates between Svartnäs-Högsåra. There are popular summer cafes on Högsåra. On the west coast the beautiful beach of Sandvik belongs to the Archipelago Sea National park.
- You can ride part of the route easily by a bus. Check out the options here. Please inform the operator about your bicycle in advance.